Monday, July 27, 2009

Plaza Independencia



Wow it's been awhile since I've posted anything. I sketched this in my Handbook Journal. I sat by a column next to a shoeshine stand and sketched this on a sunny and busy day in Independence Plaza. It was hot and it was the only shady spot I could find to sit down. Several people stopped to watch me draw and I spent about 15 minutes talking to a man in broken spanish and english. It is one of the nice things about sketching that people feel they can stop and watch and sometimes strike up a conversation.

3 comments:

Anita Davies said...

Beautiful study

Ken Foster said...

Thanks Anita! I just noticed on your profile that you and my son share the same birthday. Good to hear from you again...

Unknown said...

This is stunning! I love how you've simplified the facade, yet it shows so much detail!