Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bayview Cinema


Saturday afternoon I walked downtown and sketched this view of the old Bayview Cinema. I really miss this cinema. Until a few years ago it was a pretty active theater showing lots of interesting films. The place next to the doors where movie posters used to announce the current feature and the movie to come are now filled with flyers. But the movie stars still  live in the 2nd floor windows overlooking Bayview Street. That's W.C. Fields over the front door. I used to come here with my mom when she was alive. One of the last movies we saw here together was The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing artist. I love the colours that you use in your drawings. That's certainly a signature style.

I love the theatre too, even though I've only been to a live one once.

I am your newest follower!

Have a great day!
Michael Lounsbury

Ken Foster said...

Thanks for stopping by Michael! I appreciate your comment and kind words.