Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Jana


This is Jana. I first met her at Peopleplace, a cooperative preschool in our community. My first wife and I were attending the first parents meeting of the year and Jana was easily the most vocal parent there, making all sorts of suggestions for organic foods on the snack menu and ideas for making the playground safer. She was laugh out loud hilarious (still is). I remember turning to my wife, who was a whole foods chef, and telling her that we had to get to know her. We all became fast friends and spent many amazing times together with our children.

Over the past 15 years we have gone into and out of business with each other, seen each other through divorces and watched our babies grow into teenagers. These days we meet about once a month for breakfast to catch up on each others lives. She is a true blue friend.

8"x10" watercolor in my grand portrait sketchbook. #101

No comments: