Monday, May 12, 2008

Jury Duty


Today I dropped Alex off at school and went on to my studio. I started up my computer and chatted with Marcel about the weekend and began to get ready for a work filled Monday. As I started up Outlook a little box popped up and said I was 30 minutes late for Jury Duty.

Damn! I forgot all about that. Begrudgingly, I packed up my stuff that I had just unpacked and headed down to Rockland to the County Courthouse. I arrived just as the jurors were being herded into the courtroom, filled out the paperwork, and took a spot among the 150 or so potential jurors.

Oh well, might as well draw, right? I felt like a court sketch artist must feel -my butt was killing me at the end of the day!



It turned at to be a good day of drawing but unfortunately I didn't get picked to sit on a jury. There were 4 Cases they selected for and they chose 12 jurors and 2 alternates for each one.

Maybe next time... serving on a jury is on my list of things to do before I die. (it's a long list...)

No comments: