Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Watercolor Class



I'm taking a watercolor class right now with a really good teacher. His name is Michael Vermette and the class is through the Farnsworth Art Museum in Rockland, Maine. The color plaid thingy on top was inspired by something he did with his palette of colors. The colors are straight from my Windsor & Newton Watercolor set - 16 colors vertically and then the same 16 colors horizontally so I could see what new colors could be created just by painting with pure color over another pure color. Look at all the different yellows, reds and greens. The beauty of watercolors really comes through in the layering of color.

The little drawing of the house is a study for a larger piece I want to do. More on that hopefully soon. And Princesss is, well, just Princess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of creating the plaid with the watercolors in my box. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing

Jenny said...

great sketch. the plaid watercolors is a great idea to see the different colors that can be created.