Friday, March 8, 2013

Valparaiso Street Corner


The last day in Valparaiso I walked from Neruda's house down into the city and found a shady plaza to sit and draw. The electrical lines in Valparaiso are crazy. I don't know how they keep track of everything. I imagine they can't. They just add more wires. So in this scene there is all of the chaos of the city. I ignored the cars, motorcycles and ancient trolley buses but they were constantly moving through the intersection. In the background there was a musician playing pan pipes of popular songs. The Chilean flag is in the upper right corner of this sketch. And there at the bottom, a beautiful gem of a telephone booth so beautifully proportioned. A piece of zen in the middle of it all.

1 comment:

Ana said...

It's amazing!
I loved the "cut" you did choosing this corner.