Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Richard


This is Richard. I sketched this from a photo of him that I'm guessing was taken about the time I knew him in college. We went to Texas A&M together, played hacky sack occasionally, and would jam with our guitars and a few other friends onthe weekends.

A few years ago I was in Bozeman, Montana visiting a friend and stopped in to a store to buy some running shoes. As I was sitting there trying them on, a guy walked up behind me and said "you should buy those shoes." I turned around and it was Richard. It was the first time I had seen him since College. Completely blew my mind.

I sketched this in my Grand Portrait Handbook Journal. 7.5"x10". Pencil and watercolor. This image is different than my original Facebook post. I added the burnt sienna in Artrage.

1 comment:

WILDSIDE said...

Another great story! It is a small world, after all...