Monday, November 2, 2015

Shannon

This is Shannon. I met her several years ago when I was doing the Trek Across Maine - a 150 mile bicycle ride across our lovely state that benefits the American Lung Association. She's an Ironman triathlete and big supporter of the Dempsey Challenge - another bike ride that raises money for Cancer research, education and support. She is also one of the funniest people I know on Facebook. I love her take on life.

A couple of years ago she got my attention when she posted that every day for the month of December she was going to embark on a different adventure. Here was her criteria - "an adventure is anything that 1) takes me out of my comfort zone; 2) I'm not 100% sure I can do; 3) I've never done; 4) I wouldn't normally do in December; 5) is ridiculously fun; or 6) is something I'm so glad I'm doing that I don't have to actually enjoy doing it." And then she wrote about it in the funny and keenly observant way that Shannon does.

She asked her friends make some suggestions on how to fill out her month of adventures, so.... I suggested she pose nude for our life drawing class (I know, I'm a genius). And you know what? She did it!! And I have to say, she was a great model - interesting and expressive poses, and she held them for up to 20 minutes. It's not easy work! You can read what she wrote about that adventure in this blog post.

http://www.celebrateadventure.com/2013/12/baring-my-soul-and-everything-else.html

11x15 pencil and watercolor. #235

No comments: