Thursday, March 10, 2011

Judgement Day

Sketching the courthouse was interesting. I only had about 30 minutes until I had to pick up Alex. It was late afternoon heading for a sweet sunset but cold and raw. I parked behind a Verizon repair truck and hoped to sketch the courthouse through the haze of electrical wires, traffic lights, cell tower, and the truck with the bucket. I was 5 minutes into the sketch when the Verizon truck pulled away and that is when all hell broke loose. The wind started blowing, clouds rolled over, snow started flying, people that were out for a stroll were caught completely off guard. Kids heading home from school started running with their backpacks bouncing on their backs. I turned on the wipers and tried to see what I was drawing. It was crazy for about 20 minutes and then it was gone as quickly it came. The sun reappeared, the pace returned to normal, and I drove on to get Alex.

No comments: