Friday, April 29, 2011

Painting Class - April 27, 2011



I missed a few painting sessions because I was travelling (sketches to come) so this was my first class back since the April 13th class. This still life was a bit more complicated than the last one - with more colors, textures and complexity of shapes. Still working on the same issues though. I made the mistake of getting into the details before I got the overall values correct. One way to avoid that is to step back from the painting frequently. If it's "holding together" from a distance, move forward and find where it begins to "fall apart" and correct it until it comes together no matter how close or far away you are.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Step back... yes. My ex used to squint his eyes frequently. He didn't work from a model.
It's great and you are brave doing these lessons.
I envy you!
:)
But I can publish you.... yay!

Ana said...

In my twenties I took coarse classes and even copied the human body - i don't know the right English expression for that -.
Don't tell anybody.