Friday, February 24, 2017

Charlene


This is Charlene. About 15 years ago I was reading an article in our local newspaper about her husband completing an Ironman triathlon and decided I wanted to meet him. I had started training for a shorter distance triathlon and thought he would be a good person to meet, get some tips from, maybe even train with.  A few days later, out of the blue, I get a call from him. He had gotten my number from so and so who referred him to me to help him with the design of a renovation that he and Charlene were undertaking. And so began a professional relationship, training partners, and friends for life. Charlene is a Cheesehead - it's not derogatory - people from Wisconsin and fans of the Green Bay Packers football team wear the name proudly.

10x14 pencil and watercolor on 140 lb. paper

No comments: