Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Rebecca


This is Rebecca. I met her the day I did her portrait. She's Truth's step-daughter. You may remember Truth as I posted her portrait here just a few weeks ago. Anyway, when Rebecca found out what I was doing with the Portrait Project, she volunteered to sit for me.

Rebecca and Truth came to the house one cold Sunday in early January and I set it up so that Rebecca sat across from me at our dining table. Truth sat at the other end and worked on her latest knitting project - the pussy hat. I sketched this portrait in my large 12x16 Moleskine and put a fair amount of watercolor on it. This morning I did a little more work on it before bringing it into Artrage 5, a new version of one of my favorite painting software programs. I played around with some of the new brushes and tools and added the flower background.

No comments: