Tuesday, October 20, 2015

John


This is John. He's an architect. Now, I could tell you about all the impressive architectural work he's done - and there's plenty of that around here. Or I could talk about how he has given back to the community through his participation on boards and planning committees. But really, all that would take too much space and his head would get even bigger than it already is.

What you need to know about John is this - he always has a story to tell. And he likes to take the time to tell his stories with lots of details. There have been times he started a story that I thought for sure would be over in 5 minutes. Twenty minutes later he's still somewhere in the middle. I have been late to appointments because of his stories. But, the more stories he has told me, and the closer I listened,  the more I realized that his stories were like gifts. So thanks John, for all the stories. I have learned a lot from you.

18x24 oil on canvas. #225. 

No comments: