Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Rob


This is Rob. About seven years ago I re-dedicated myself to sketching and, when I did, I found inspiration in a number of blogs on the web where sketchers from all over the world would post their drawings and sketches. Tommy Kane, Danny Gregory, Gabi Campanario, Emmanuel Prost, and Rob, this school teacher living in Germany, were all at the top of the list of blogs I would check daily hoping for new sketches I could study and learn from. Rob works mostly with pen, ink and watercolor and beautifully mixes astute observation with humor and imagination.

This is another "collaborative portrait", where the portrait is my work and the images around him are samples of Rob's work that I copied from his blog and added to my portrait digitally.

11.5x16 pencil and watercolor in my huge Moleskine sketchbook. #216

No comments: