Saturday, October 3, 2015

Malcolm


This is Malcolm. I first met him about 14 years ago when I took my son, who was 3 at the time, to him for violin lessons. My wife had made all the arrangements with Malcolm and I thought I was just dropping Alex off and then I was going to go grab a coffee and read the paper for an hour. Malcolm invited us in, we sat on the floor and I  learned that he taught the Suzuki Method of violin training. I knew nothing of the Suzuki method. I thought Suzuki was a type of motorcycle. Malcolm informed me that the Suzuki method requires the parents to learn to play the instrument also. "Oh shit", I remember thinking. And then I said something like, "OK, sounds good. Let's get started!"

8x10 pencil and watercolor in my Grand Portrait Sketchbook. #214

No comments: